Ingredients (choose all organic/spray free if possible):
- 1 tbl coconut oil
- 2 medium carrots, finely diced
- 1 zucchini, finely diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, finely diced
- 150g pumpkin, finely diced
- handful of green beans, cut in 3
- 1 golden beetroot (or red if unavailable), finely diced
- 1 small piece of ginger & turmeric, grated
- handful of mixed stir fry greens (I always get a great mix at my local markets- kale, tatsoi, bok choy, amaranth- choose what you can get your hands on), roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1l very good quality, ideally home made, beef or chicken stock
- 2 tsp Tasmanian kelp
- 1 tbsp Alive Foods Traditional Kraut + juice
In a medium size pot add coconut oil and all other ingredients, except for the greens, kelp and sauerkraut and gently sweat on a low heat until vegetables become tender. Add the stock, kelp and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the greens to the pot. Let sit for another 5 min. Ladle your soup into the bowl and add the sauerkraut + a little juice.
Please note: Great tasting soup is achieved by adding a very good quality stock. By using bone stock you also get the benefits from the gelatin and mineral content in the broth.
Kelp adds minerals as well as a lovely flavour. Sea vegetables should be enjoyed on a daily basis as they are considered one of the most nutritious vegetables on the planet.
I have omitted onions and garlic in this recipe as I wanted to give an alternative for people with digestive issues. But feel free to add 1 finely diced onion. Simply sweat it in the oil before adding the rest of the vegetables.